Hamstrings deserve undivided attention

April 27, 2011

Recently I reached my 200 lbs (≈ 91 kg) x 10 goal for my two main leg exercises, squats and deadlifts. My leg routine is split up into two separate days, focusing on quads and hamstrings separately, which has been a great success for me. I find it hard to focus on two of the greatest muscle groups on a single day so my hammies were lagging behind until I separated my quad and ham workouts. My training partner has also had great gains in strength, muscle size and shape since we started the split. If you really want to maximize the development and strength of your legs and make sure they develop proportionally I highly recommend splitting up your leg workout.

Here is a short clip from a recent hamstring workout. In addition to Romanian deadlifts and single leg curls I also do glute-ham raises (not shown in video):

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment