My drive: How I got into gear

April 24, 2011

Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try.


 

Welcome to my world and follow me on  my path to wellness and fitness. My journey began five years ago. I was not a great picture of health despite my skinny appearance. I consumed chocolate bars and soda daily with no regard of the consequences. I exercised sporadically with no goal or real purpose and I had a body I felt was too thin and lacking of strength.

I decided to make a change for the better as I was preparing to enter physical therapy school. This desire was based on  wanting to set a healthy example for my patients and wanting to be able to perform all the physical requirements that the profession demands. So I began setting goals for myself.

In order to reach my goals I knew I had to drastically change my eating habits, exercise regularly and set obtainable benchmarks for each of these aspects. Knowing that if I made a quick switch I would be tempted to fall back to my old ways I decided to gradually phase out the junk food, limiting that type of food to just one day a week, a rule I still follow even to this day. In addition, I began scheduling my workouts, planning out the routines ahead of time so that I was efficient and could get the most out of my time at the gym.

As a rookie I utilized the Internet a great deal as a source of information about diet and exercise. That is part of the reason why I feel a blog can be a great tool for the exchange of information, experiences, and advice about the topic of fitness.

It has taken a lot of time and dedication to get to where I am today, but it is working and I’m not stopping! My goals as far as fitness goes have surpassed the initial ones as I have been bitten by the fitness bug.  Here I will detail some of my experiences over the years and discuss topics related to my lifestyle.  Please feel free to leave comments and discuss any of the topics posted here.  I welcome healthy communication from all corners.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment