Exercise during stressful times

June 03, 2011

Don't skip your workouts during stressful periods in your life. Exercise helps in dealing with stress in several ways. It promotes well-being, and it can be a distraction from stressful factors in our lives. Let your workout time be time you take for yourself and your health and well-being. Leave your problems outside of the gym and focus on your workout. In times when you feel there are issues in you life you are not in control of, let your workouts be the factor in your life you are in control of. It will make you feel more in control of your life.

For me, exercise has helped tremendously in exam periods, before interviews, and in other uncertain times. I step into the gym trying to leave my worries behind, knowing that even if I'm not in control of all aspects of my life, I am in control of my workouts, and I am making a difference for what's ultimately the most important thing - my health.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment