Nobody starts out fit and muscular

June 14, 2011

Result of years of dedication to fitness
I remember when I first started going into the weightlifting section of the gym. I was anxious and worried that everyone would look at me thinking I was a weakling who had no clue what she was doing. There were not many women in the weightlifting area, if any at all. I felt certain that everyone was looking at me because I was doing something wrong or because I didn't "belong" there. 

Since then I have realized that I'm getting those looks because I'm often the only woman lifting weights, and I'm lifting as much weight as many of the guys (although when I started out I could lift only a fraction of what I can today). Now I feel confident, I know that I perform the exercises with proper form and that I can lift a decent amount of weight. But like for everyone who is in decent shape, it didn't come for free. Behind my physique and my strength are countless hours of lifting, cooking and meal planning, and also some sacrifices. 

Throughout this journey things have not been ideal. Life has come in the way numerous times. I have other goals I want to achieve apart from fitness. Because of my other goals (career etc.) my fitness goals have to take a back seat from time to time. But I never stop or abandon my fitness goals permanently.

Through consistency and perseverance, with time I have come steps closer to my goal. Not to say that I have definite fitness goal, but I know what I'm working towards. For all of you that are in the same situation, working towards any goal - don't ever give up, have patience. Remember that nobody starts out on top. Don't let your insecurities hold you back. Keep on pushing.


I've got to keep on pushing
I can't stop now
Move up a little higher
Someway or somehow
'Cause I've got my strength
And it don't make sense
No to keep on pushin'

- The Impressions, Keep On Pushing













1 comments (+add yours?)

Ingeborg/surfer said...

sv: Hei! Jeg hadde et håp om å klare å balansere innlegget humor, fag og engasjement, samt å uttrykkke at omverdenens harselering med Berg Eriksen kunne vinkles positivt. Det er veldig leit om jeg virker nedlatende til henne, for det var aldri mitt ønske. Takk for tilbakemeding, det setter jeg pris på <3 Ha en fin dag flotte <3

Post a Comment