Keeping a workout journal and charting progress

May 11, 2011

Every once in a while I like to chart my strength gains. It's a great way to visualize the results of hours spent in the gym, and I find it provides great motivation to keep on going.

Here are a few examples from the last six months:








The last six months my strength has increased more rapidly than in years. The main reason for that is that I finally have my training partner there every workout, giving me me a tremendous boost. Another reason is that I now have a workout journal. That way I don't have to guess how much weight I did last time for every exercise, and I can plan for smooth progress.

If you don't have a workout journal yet, give it a try! It can be a valuable asset.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment